Friday 10 August 2012

The Fight Against Muscular Distrophy!

A very dear friend of mine has an amazing little girl with Muscular Distrophy.  I was honored in June to be the photography for the anual Safeway Walk For Muscular Distrophy in Red Deer.  I was surprised at how many times I had to stop myself from bursting into tears and how many times I had to take a moment to wipe tears away.  The individuals with muscular distrophy are so inspirational.  They don't take any movement for granted.  Things that I wouldn't think twice about doing is sometimes a struggle for the people fighting this disease!  I also have discovered that it's the entire family and close friends that are fighting this right along with them.  The families I saw have such a great support system.  Even members of the Red Deer Fire Department had members that came out to show their support.  They brought a fire truck with them, gave the kids tours of the inside of the truck and pulled out one of their hoses and let the kids take turns spraying the water. I am in awe of every person I met and the great connection that the Red Deer Chapter has with each other.  Here are a few photos I took.  I will be going next year whether or not I'm taking the photos.  A special thank you to Amy for all of her hard work getting the walk this year organized and for your amazing spirit as a mom to my sweet friend, Jeslyn! 

 Boxing gloves were available for everyone to show their fight against Muscular Distrophy


















No comments:

Post a Comment